Favorite Photos

Favorite Photos
Bernini's Ecstasy of St. Teresa

Monday, February 25, 2013

Transitions

It has been more than a year since I last posted. Why? Life, reality or both intervened. My year in Rome ended with my husband's retirement. We are now living in our "retirement home", in the first and last house we will ever build. It has taken me the better part of a year to organize our lives into a more or less steady rhythm. 
 
This year was an eventful one, one spent travelling, visiting our two kids, going to places listed among our "must visit" list. It was also a year of saying goodbye to people we loved, an aunt and nephew in San Francisco, and my mother-in-law, who passed away in Penang, 2 months short of her 98th birthday, a few days before the year of the Snake commenced.   
 
Because life intruded, I stopped writing this blog. But because time moves inexorably forward, and with it brings the fading of memories, of thought, I decided to continue this blog, about Rome and to start a new one, Travels, Musings and What Nots at www.afterrome.blogspot.com, documenting a senior citizens travels, impressions, struggles inherent in retirement, musings and whatever else comes to mind, in this way embedding these experiences in memory. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Auntie Nina,

    Keep writing. Writing helps us find ourselves in the midst of the chaos and noise of everyday life. Sometimes life intrudes a bit too much in my life too and my blogging stops. Still I have always returned to my blogs (yes, sigh....plural!) and I have always found solace in words. Love and light from Penang...

    ReplyDelete